Embracing the Call of the Healer: Embodying Your Gifts
An invitation to embrace the true power of your call as a healer
Healers instinctively seek to alleviate suffering, restore wholeness, create harmony, awaken divinity, and provide comfort on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels. In this way Healers derive their sense of meaning and purpose from being of service.
There are many people who express the archetype of the healer who do not appear to be directly providing healing. They too derive their sense of meaning and purpose from being of service. In order for everyone who carries the traits of the healer to claim their calling, we must define ourselves as healers by our intention rather than the form that our healing takes.
Whether you express the archetype, the quality of the healer as a therapist, teacher, lawyer, counselor, personal or business coach, parent, lawyer, medical professional, body-worker, artist, business person, administrator, or other form and whether your work lies with children, adults, animals, the natural world or the unseen word, you are welcome in this training.
“Embracing the Call of the Healer” is a 9-month workshop to empower healers of all kinds who are discovering and engaging their healing gifts.
On this 9-month journey together we will explore the elements that are necessary for accepting, honoring, empowering, and embodying our own and one another’s unique unfolding and expression as healers through:
* A commitment to personal healing. The time of the “wounded healer” is passing. Those who are called to the path of the healer in these times are being asked to cultivate the wisdom of the ‘healed healer’, which our world desperately needs right now!
* Community. A healer is one who serves and is recognized and witnessed by one’s community including clients, colleagues, teachers, friends, and loved ones. It is in community that we come to fully embrace our calling.
* Spiritual initiation. The energy of the healer, which manifests as the desire and/or the gift to provide healing support for others and for one’s self is a deep inherent urge from our spirit, a calling. To be in right relationship with this calling we must receive guidance, blessings, and initiations from our helping spirits.
Together in community we will step through the four gateways of initiation:
- Remembering our spiritual, biological and soul lineages and what we agreed to bring to this life as our gifts and skills.
- Empowering, stepping into the power of who we are as healers and how the circumstances and events of our lives support our gifts.
- Shedding the doubt, beliefs, burdens that might have kept us entrenched in the story and circumstances of the wounded healer thus keeping us from embracing the gifts we carry.
- Embodying our call as a healer with a steady heart and bringing our gifts into community with clarity, grace and integrity.
Embracing the Call of the Healer Workshop begins in January 2017 and ends in September. The workshop includes:
* Four 2-day gatherings, in-person
* Saturday evening ritual for three of the gatherings
* Three individual healing sessions with Susan
* Weekly journeys for personal inquiry and healing
* Small group meetings in between gathering for sharing and deepening your journey
Dates of the 2-day weekend gatherings in-person are:
January 14 & 15, 2017 ~ April 8 & 9 ~ June 24 & 25 ~ September 16 & 17
Gathering are held: Saturday 10 am – 9 pm & Sunday 10 am – 5 pm
In-person gatherings are held in Marblehead, MA
There are two options for payment for this 9-month program.
You may pay in full (with a $150 discount if your payment in full is received by December 5th, 2016)
($1250 if paid in full by Dec. 5, 2016)
Or you may make a $300 deposit to hold your place in the class and pay the balance in 9 monthly payments of $135 each. Send your deposit now. I will contact you to set up the monthly payments.
Please note that this is not a subscription option. You are making a commitment to pay for the program in full, even if you choose not to continue.
Class is limited to 12 participants
(Minimum class size is 6)
Pre-requisite for”Embracing the Call of the Healer” is an introductory shamanic workshop of at least two-days in length, with myself or another qualified facilitator. (If you are not sure if you have fulfilled the pre-requisite, please contact me.)
This is a transformative program, an initiation to develop the capacity and trust to step further into your healing gifts with others (if that is what you are called to do) and with yourself. Prepare to cross the threshold from not understanding the call of the healer (although you might feel it) to having a greater understanding of how you are being called, what gifts you carry as a healer, and how to carry those gifts with grace.