Embracing the Call of the Healer: Embodying Your Gifts 2019
An invitation to embrace the true power of your call as a healer
Healers instinctively seek to alleviate suffering, restore wholeness, create harmony, awaken divinity, and provide comfort and well-being on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual levels. In this way Healers archetypically derive their sense of meaning and purpose from being of service to others, the natural world, the environment, and all sentient brings.
There are so many people who express the archetype of the healer who do not appear to be directly providing healing. They too derive their sense of meaning and purpose from the intention to be of service. In order for everyone who carries the traits of the healer to claim their calling, we must define ourselves as healers by our intention to serve and to alleviate suffering, rather than the form that our healing takes.
Whether you express the archetype, the quality of the healer as a therapist, teacher, lawyer, counselor, personal or business coach, parent, medical professional, political healing activist, environmentalist, body-worker, artist, business person, administrator, or in other form and whether your work lies with children, adults, animals, the natural world or the unseen word, you are welcome in this training.
“Embracing the Call of the Healer” is a 9-month workshop to empower healers of all kinds who are discovering and engaging their healing gifts.
On this 9-month journey together we will explore the elements that are necessary for accepting, honoring, empowering, and embodying our own and one another’s unique unfolding of and expression as healers through:
* A commitment to personal healing. The time of the “wounded healer” is passing. Those who are called to the path of the healer in these times are being asked to cultivate the wisdom of the ‘healed healer’ (the one whose life is directed by the wisdom learned and gleaned from the wound rather than by the wound itself) which our world desperately needs right now!
* Community. A healer is one who serves, who recognizes, witnesses, and is recognized by one’s community including clients, colleagues, teachers, friends, and loved ones. It is in community that we come to fully embrace and share our calling.
* Spiritual initiation. The energy of the healer, which manifests as the desire and/or the gift to provide healing support for others and for one’s self is a deep inherent urge from our spirit, a calling. To be in right relationship with this calling we must receive guidance, blessings, and initiations from the benevolent helping spirits, ancestors, and the natural world.
Together in community we will step through the four gateways of initiation:
- Remembering our spiritual, biological and soul lineages and what we agreed to bring to this life and share as our gifts and skills. Remembering who we are in our truest self to re-vitalize our direction and purpose.
- Empowering, stepping into the power (gifts, medicine, uniqueness) of who we are as healers and how the circumstances and events of our lives have and continue to support the gifts we bring to this life.
- Shedding attachment to doubt, beliefs, habits, burdens that might have kept us entrenched in the story and circumstances of the wounded healer, directed only by the wounds, thus keeping us from embracing the gifts we carry.
- Embodying our call as a healer with a steady heart and bringing our gifts into community with clarity, grace, acceptance and integrity. Dancing with paradox.
Embracing the Call of the Healer Workshop begins in February 2019 and ends in October. The workshop includes:
* Four 2-day, weekend gatherings, in-person
* Saturday evening ritual for three of the gatherings
* Three individual healing sessions with Susan
* Weekly journeys for personal inquiry and healing
* Small group meetings in between gathering for sharing and deepening your journey
Dates of the 2-day weekend gatherings in-person are:
February 2 & 3, 2019 ~ April 27 & 28 ~ July 20 & 21 ~ October 5 & 6
Gathering are held: Saturday 10 am – 9 pm & Sunday 10 am – 5 pm
In-person gatherings are held in Boulder, CO
There are two options for payment for this 9-month program.
You may pay in full
($1475 if paid in full by Jan 8th, 2019)
Or you may make a $350 deposit to hold your place in the class and pay the balance in 9 monthly payments of $150 each. Send your deposit now. I will contact you to set up the monthly payments.
Please note that this is not a subscription option. You are making a commitment to pay for the program in full, even if you choose not to continue.
Class is limited to 15 participants
(Minimum class size is 8)
Pre-requisite for”Embracing the Call of the Healer” is an introductory shamanic workshop of at least two-days in length, with myself or another qualified facilitator and at least one private session with me. (If you are not sure if you have fulfilled the pre-requisite, please contact me.) If you need to take an introductory workshop, please contact me. Click here for more information & registration
This is a personally transformative program, an initiation to develop the capacity and trust to step further into the healing gifts you carry for yourself and to share with others (if that is what you are called to do). Prepare to cross the threshold from not understanding the call of the healer (although you might feel it) to having a greater understanding of how you are being called, what gifts you carry as a healer, and how to carry those gifts with grace.
This program is founded on the original structure and content from “The Sacred Call of the Healer”, a program created by my deeply respected and loved colleague in shamanic arts, Julie M. Kramer.
” Eye opening. Filled with loving exploration and discovery…I found that though my life has often felt lonely and stifling, that I am now aware of how connected and supported I truly am. This initiation has been reaffirming of my life’s purpose and has shown a bright star as to how I am to move forward living as authentically as I can. Suu has created a container that I have been able to thrive in. I look forward to continuing my work with her.” ~A. Holiday – Therapist
“Practical, progressive and forward thinking…this work is where many of the limits of western psychology and healing find a bridge into more holistic, powerful and precise methods that accelerate healing.” ~ Julia Hengst, LMFT
“Dynamic, gentle, profound, nurturing, expansive. The kindness and true nurturing in this course is a way to embrace your authenticity and therefore your growth. This course expands on the road of compassion, gratitude and honesty that begins to allow deep and meaningful healing for self and others.” ~Pat Maloney-Brown
“Suu has a warm, humble presence who welcomes all questions without resorting to easy answers. That creates an intellectual and spiritual smorgasbord for the hungry seeker/student…Anyone who comes with an open heart will have a profound and beautiful experience. ~J.W. Psychotherapist, N.H.